Site content: Touristic values
One of the biggest and most important concentration centers of the turistic activity in the area of the distric is the town Golub-Dobrzyń. It has a mediaevil town-planing system with well kept town-walls from the I half of the XIV century, containing 17 towers. For attention desirves the gothic church from the XIV century with the presbytery in the shape of a pentagon, decorated with bultress and net-ribbing. Interior decoration is from the baroque epich. There is a tenement saved till this day, from 1617 on Golub's Market Square, with a manneristical top and a wooden arcades-house from the II half of the XVIII century. From other architectonical eccelastical monuments we enumarate also a Neoclassical church from the year 1823 settled on Dobrzyn's lands and Golub's evangelical chapel from 1909, in which nowadays there is a primary school.
The most interesting monument in the capital of the district is the famous castle ranked as one of the most beautiful castles in Poland. It was built by the Teutonic Knights in years 1296-1310 were earlier there was a słowian's mediaeval town. From year 1454 it became the center of the royal starostwo. It's geatest period of existance lyies in years 1611-25 when the polish kings Sigismund III Vasa sister Anna Vasa resided there. Back in those days it was a living center of culture and intelectula life known in the whole Polish Republic. In the II half of th XVI century it was thorugly rebuilt and given renaissance style features. From the beginning of the XIX century it was ruined unfortunetly. In years 1959-69 it was rebuilt and partly reconstructed. At present the castle is available for the tourists, it has a hotel inside, cafe restuarant and a regional museum. Fame and splendor are being add to the Golub's castle every year by The National Knight Tournaments, oratorical competitions and also New Year's Eve balls.
In Kowalewo Pomorskie, second town in the district, for the tourists attention deserve saved fragments of the town-walls with a corner watchtower from the break of the XII and XIV century. At the foot of the castle stands till this day a gothic gdaniska's pillar which is the remaining of the old teutonic fortification fortress. An interesting monument of the sacred architecture is the XIV century Church of St Nicolaus, charatreristic for its inside chamber arengments with a flat ceiling. Interior decoration is baroque and most of it comes from a taken apart Dominican Church from Thorn.
While visiting Golub-Dobrzyń you should not forget about settled near - Szafarnia, in which there is The Chopin's Center, known in whole Poland. Its settled in a XIX century Dziewanowski's Palace. It is where in years 1824-25 had stayed twice on long holidays the greatest Polish composer Fryderyk Chopin. Chopin's visit in Szafarnia in a meningful way effected his later works. It is here where he had the first contact with the polish tradition and country ceremonies. Enchanted with the beauty of the region and its traditions he wrote here his first "mazurki's". For touring there is a museum containing souvenirs linked with Chopen's life and his stay in Szafarnia, a concert hall and also a wonderful park. Near by there is a village Płonne in which Maria Dąbrowska was writing "Nights and Days" and which she mentioned many times in her journalls. In Płonne for the turists attention desirves a manorial park, the gothic church and and The Jan Dziewnowski's monument who was born here, comander of the famous polish army charge under Samosierrą.
In the range of Zbójno's commune, in the heart of the ancient dobrzyń's lands, in the extremely picturesque location, for about 400 years, overlooks over the region a beautiful architectural - ecclesiastical complex : church and The Carmelites monastery in Obory.
Topographical position of Obory for ages fascinated and enchanted those who visited these regions. This unusual location was the reason why this region was called "Calvary of Obory" or "Dobrzyń's Swiss " in the baroque church for ages special worship was given to The Saint Maries Statuette. Today just like before centuries, known for its miracles "Pieta of Obory" attracts crowds of pilgrims from whole Poland. Next to the church there is a baroque monastery, and near it there is a cemetary surrounded by a wall from the XVIII century.
The whole area of golub-dobrzyń's district is covered with monumental churches situated in bigger villages. To the more interesting belong the gothic churches in Radomin, Ostrowite, Wrocki, Ciechocin, Chełmoń and baroque churches in Działyń and Dulsk. For attention deserves also a lot of numerous small palaces and manor- houses, especially palace-park complexes in Sokołowo Piątkowo and Szafarnia.
The area of golub-dobrzyń's district is touristic attractive also for its nature values. There is a lot of picturesque located and clean lakes. The most developed are lakes Okonin and Grodno, which in the sezon attract crowds of people thirsty for a quality rest by the lake. Beautiful landscapes can be admired also from the shores of lakes : Wojnowski, Wielicki, Słupno and many more. Mentioned before water regions are also a paradise for angling fans. Mushroom picking fans and hunting amateurs can find good conditons to practise their hobbies in a wide expension of forests on the territory of the distric, which covers about 11 thousand hectares. Known for great hunting organization is The Animal Breeding Center in Sokołowo situated in a beautiful monumental palace.
Very interesting, from the natural side is the area of the valley Drwęca, creating with Ruźc and Rypienica's tributary a ichthyological nature sanctuary. It was created in 1961 to protect the Salomon fish. On the slopes of the valley there is a nature sanctuary in Bobrowiska. You can find a lot of rare, protected species of plants and animals. Together there is more than 50 registrated nature monuments. The most interesting we number 9 polish larches growing on "The Larch Hill" in Płonne. For many years Drwęca river is a known turistic canoe trail.
Interesting nature compounds situated in the area of the golub dobrzyn's district are also beech alleys in Radomin assembling 585 monumental trees and unique in the europiean scale forms of relief - drumlin fields located near area of Zbójno.