The seat of the district and city governments; numbers 13159 inhabitans. It was created in 1951 by unting the towns of Golub and Dobrzyń. The Drwęca river separating the two towns made a historical border between the Chełmno and Golub Lands, and during the partitions of Poland – between Prussia and Russia. The first mention about Golub found in written sources dates back to the 16 – th century. Between 1296 and 1309 the Teutonic Knights erected a castle whicht was to guard the crossing of the river. Around the year 1293 the town was finally founded tn the meanders of the river. In the Middle Ages the city was experiencing intensive growth owing to trade relations with the neighbouring Dobrzyń Land but the prosperity was later restrained as the results of the wars with the Teutonic Order. Between 1611 and 1625 the local starosty was hires to king Zygmunt III’s sister, Anna Wazówna who became famous for rebuilding the castle in renessaince style and founding the very first plantation of tobacco in Poland. The city retained the medieval layout of the old town, where numerous monuments can be found. Golub-Dobrzyń is a lively centre of tourism and offers a wide range of services. In the town there are located factories of building materials, wire products and feeding stuff concentrates.
What attracts poeple to the city of Golub-Dobrzyń are the Knightly Tournaments organized by the Knights’ Society dunder the command of Zygmunt Kwiatkowski. For many years the renowned teams from all over Europe have been taking part in them. Knights from Italy, France, Spain, Sweden and Ukraine have been hosted here. To other attractive events organized by the management of the castle the following must be numbered: The International Oratory Contest, The Winter Knightly Tournament in the Indoor Manege, The International Knightly Festival with The Troubadours’ Festival, Horse-riding Tourist Guides’ Rally, The Hunting Trumpeters’ Review, The Golub Knightly Carnival with Knightly Tournament and International Knightly Ball, The Grand Lawyers’ Ball, The Grand Golub-Dobrzyń Starost’s Ball, All-Polish Festival of Historical Performances, Polish Battle Painting Exhibition, The Gallery of Polish Painting and Ancient Arms, All-Polish Exhibition of Inlay, Folk Bands Review and many others. The castle is also a stage of arch-bow tournaments ( equal in rank to national championships ), oratory contests for tourist guides and of open air performances. Young students may develop their skills in knightly trade in the local School of Knights.
The cultural life in Golub-Dobrzyń concentrates in the Cultural Centre and The Regional Library which has been working since 1948 and is the oldest cultural centre in the town. It boasts of an impressive collection of books composed of about 53 thousands of books. The library arranges scientific lectures, meetings with interesting people and exhibitions. With the children’s branch of the library an amateur theatre group is performing and a magazine written by children is published. The Cultural Centre organizes various workshop for school-aged children and the following numerous cyclic events: All-Polish Golub Chess night, All-Polish Golub Bridge Night, Golub Encounters with Poetry, All-Polish Historical Films Review, Christmas, Meetings “Let us hold hands round the Christmas Tree”, cyclic meetings “Famous and Unknown Personalities of Politics, Culture and Arts…”, Northern Poland Senior Choirs Review, Children’s Arts Work Review, Blues Vigil, Music Confrontations.
In summer time many open air happenings are organized here, out of which “Golub-Dobrzyń Days” and “Townspeople’s Revels” are worth noticing. In the house in Hallera Street there have taken place many exhibitions of paintings including oil paintings by Ewa Kardaszewska, collage by Lucjan Czapulak, pastel paintings by Artur Miklewicz, and exhibitions of photographs by Paweł Badowski, Mirosław Wiwatowski, Józef Krępeć. Choirs and amateur bands are actively engaged in cultural life of Golub-Dobrzyń, too. The best known is the choir “Halka” which has been performing for eighteen years, basing its activity on the tradition of the choir of the same name performing in the Prussian Partition. The others are: the parish choir “Cantemus Domino” centered in St Catherine’s Church awarded with many prestigious prizes on festivals of religious songs and the school no. 1 and 2 and in the high school. The Fire Brigade Department Brass Band adds splendour to the city cultural events.
Na podstawie art. 38 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 21 sierpnia 1997 roku o gospodarce nieruchomościami (tj. Dz. U. z 2016 r. poz. 2147 ze zm.), Zarząd Powiatu Golubsko-Dobrzyńskiego ogłasza pierwszy przetarg ustny nieograniczony na sprzedaż nieruchomości niezabudowanych stanowiących własność Powiatu Golubsko-Dobrzyńskiego położonych w obrębie Białkowo, gm. Golub-Dobrzyń
Zgodnie z art. 127 ust. 6 ustawy z dnia 18 lipca 2001 r. Prawo wodne (t. j. Dz. U. z 2017 r. poz. 1121) informuję, że rozpatrywany jest wniosek Pana Zbigniewa Bartnikowskiego, ul. Makuszyńskiego 34, 81-595 Gdynia, działającego w imieniu Zarządu Dróg Wojewódzkich w Bydgoszczy
Zgodnie z art. 127 ust. 6 ustawy z dnia 18 lipca 2001 r. Prawo wodne (t. j. Dz. U. z 2017 r. poz. 1121) informuję, że rozpatrywany jest wniosek w sprawie uzyskania pozwolenia wodnoprawnego na wykonanie urządzenia wodnego – przepustu na rowie melioracji szczegółowej, oznaczonym w ewidencji symbolem R-K, zlokalizowanym na działce o nr geod. 330 obręb Zapluskowęsy, gmina Kowalewo Pomorskie.